Monday, October 8, 2012

Six Random Thoughts

It's a weird week, y'all.  We only have students on Monday-Wednesday, PLC on Thursday, and then a day off on Friday.  I'm looking forward to our brief break, but short weeks have a way of making students {and teachers} a bit berserk.  Here are my random thoughts for a random week:

1.  I kinda, sorta got sucked into The Walking Dead.  I haven't seen the first season, but I actually enjoyed parts of the second season.  Am I one of those weird zombie lovers now?  Discuss amongst yourselves.

2.  I'm addicted to Smith's Rosebud Salve.  $6 for a tin of lip balm is a little bit ridiculous, but I can't make myself care.  It smells a tiny bit like my Grandmother Shealy in a comforting way, so I'm fine with the price.

3.  Mermaids are kind of like the unicorns of the ocean and this quote has been scribbled all over my journal {and random notes at work} for several weeks now.  I never want to fear the depths that life presents and I always want to fear shallow living.  I think if we ever have a little girl, I'm going to frame this for her nursery.  

4.  I'm like, WAY behind, but I just discovered Rebekka Seale.  Her blog is fabulous, Southern, and incredibly trendy.  Her words are on point and her monthly calendars are perfect backgrounds for my Mac.  Case in point:
My current background.  Functional and pretty.
5.  I'm dying over this Lily Pulitzer dress right now.  I'm really hoping that somebody will buy it for me as a surprise.  I've already spent most of my monthly clothing allowance this month.  Speaking of clothing allowances, adhering to Dave Ramsey's FPU system is hard when you see something as fabulous as this:
via
6.  I made homemade brownies tonight.  I'm sick of boxed mixes and the lack of control they allow.  I used this recipe and it was really easy.  All the ingredients were things I had on hand.  It's a shocking amount of sugar and a whole stick of butter, but we're on vacation, Calvin!  

Later this week I'm baking homemade chocolate cupcakes and whipping up some salted caramel cream cheese frosting.  Amen.  Hope you'll join us!

XOXO,

Court
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...