Thursday, October 18, 2012

High Five for Friday

I've been horrible at updating this week, but I've been incredibly busy.  As you can see, we're undergoing a little makeover here at C is for Callicutt courtesy of Rachel over at Sincerely Peachy.  Dear readers, go show her some love because what she has to say is wonderful!  Hopefully our makeover will be finished up sometime next week.

It's Friday and I'm so thankful.  Tonight we're visiting with my family.  It's Fall Break at Lee University so Grayson {my brother} and Elisabeth {our cousin} are home for a long weekend.  Tonight will definitely include some form of shouting {Daddy}, some chastising {Grandma}, some more shouting {Grayson and Aunt Daphne}, a little bit of gossiping {Mama, Aunt Daphne, and Grandma} that will include a lot of "Bless her heart" statements, and Lauren, Elisabeth, and I will probably plunder because  we're really, really good at it.  Pop will send everyone home with homegrown sweet potatoes and my Uncle Stanley is hopefully going to perform some magic tricks {pretty please??}.  P.S. My family is the bee's knees.

We're linking up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk.  It's High Five for Friday, y'all!

1.  I made several low-calorie meals this week thanks to Skinny Taste.  They were delicious, filling, and I was guilt-free after supper each evening.  Josh gave each recipe his seal of approval.  Pictured below:  Lemon-Walnut Chicken, Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, and Minestrone.

Recipe here
Recipe here
Recipe here
2.  The new Hitchcock trailer is finally here and it looks amaaaaazing.  I've always been a fan of Alfred Hitchcock and I cannot wait to see this movie.  If Anthony Hopkins doesn't sweep the Academy Awards with his stunning transformation, I'll be shocked.


My favorite Hitchcock films are The Birds, Psycho, The Man Who Knew Too Much, and North by Northwest.  What about you?

3.  I joined in on a really fun sweet treat swap along with Sarah Grace from Gracefully Made and Amy who blogs for Taking Steps Home.  A group of us blogging gals will be shipping homemade sweet treats to one another next week, just in time for Halloween.  Why should kiddos have all the fun?  

4.  Josh got Apple TV for his birthday and we LOVE it.  I've been a Macintosh user since the ripe old age 4 and I love the sleek design and simplicity that this product has to offer.  We can run all of our programs {Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc.} and anything on our iPhones or laptops can be shared on our television.  Plus, the price can't be beat!  If you're looking for an easy option to stream television shows and movies onto your flatscreen, Apple TV features no subscription fees {unlike the Xbox 360}.


5.  We're 28 days away from our upcoming Disney vacation and we're pre-gaming hard.  Our Disney luggage tags arrived in the mail yesterday along with Magical Express information and all of our vouchers.  Last night we watched a documentary on Walt Disney World and we're planning a trip to our local Disney store to snag some new merchandise to sport in the parks.  Less than a month...I can make it, right?
Disney mail is the best kind of mail.
I hope y'all have an awesome Friday and a blessed weekend, y'all!

XOXO,
Court


9 comments:

  1. Loved your list, girlie. Gonna have to keep an eye out for Hitchcock. He looks sooo different. And Disney... Woot!! You are gonna have a blast!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you #H54F list!

    1. I'm obsessed with Skinny taste! I made her Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp and Chicken Parm this week! Have you tried the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken yet? It's so good! All of these recipes were hubby approved too. :-)

    4. An Apple TV is on our wish list this Christmas!

    5. I want to go to back to Disney so badly! I need to go to Harry Potter World at Universal.

    Happy Friday!

    LKF @Bmore Domestic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about Skinny Taste! Mr. C is allergic to shrimp, but that Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp sounds DELISH...maybe I can substitute chicken?

      And I highly recommend the Apple TV. I'm terrible with electronics {once I canceled everything on our DVR}, but the Apple TV is easy...even for me!

      Delete
  3. I am doing the STS too! Can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is looking so cute! I love the new design! Thanks for posting such amazing looking recipes! Now that I am in a apartment I have been trying all sorts of new amazing dishes. These are going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! Y'all need to come over for dinner soon!

      Delete
    2. We would love too! btw (not to be a creeper) I saw you at the high school for PEER tutoring and was gonna say hi but I had to get up with a student :)

      Delete
    3. I wish you had! So often I'm like a zombie in the afternoons! I'm so oblivious...

      Let's figure out a date and time that works for dinner :)

      Delete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...