Friday, October 12, 2012

High Five for Friday: Fair Edition


It’s Friday and it’s Fall Break.  This combination is deliciously relaxing and I’m currently nestled in our cosy little bed in Raleigh, North Carolina.  Today we’re attacking the North Carolina State Fair along with my in-laws {Is it weird to call them in-loves?  I hate the sound of in-laws}.  This weekend holds great promise:  the Fair, a Walk Now for Autism Speaks event, family pumpkin carving, and a bonfire that has become an annual tradition. 

Today I’m linking up with Lauren, the lovely gal who writes over at From My Grey Desk.  It’s High Five for Friday, y’all!

1.     My darling Mr. C turned 25 this week.  Is it weird that I call him Mr. C?  My students have gotten me into the habit and I call him that at home too.  I’d really love to call him Mr. Darling {Peter Pan reference}, but he said no.


2.     Speaking of Peter Pan, I had the chance to introduce him to my class this week.  We finished reading the book this week and once all the joyous clapping {to save Tinkerbell} and resounding cheers {when the crocodile swallowed Captain Hook} ended, we watched this version of the movie.  It’s one of my favorites and it’s so, so pretty. 


3.     We’re going to eat as much fried food as possible today.  The North Carolina State Fair is a mecca for things like corndogs, homemade ice cream, fried Oreos, and mutton gyros that make you wanna slap your mama.  Not that I’d ever do that…


4.     I made homemade chocolate cupcakes this week and then whipped up some salted caramel icing.  NOM. 



5.      We're officially a month away from our upcoming Disney vacation!  Let the final countdown begin!

That's it for High Five for Friday!  Join us later tonight for an awesome Southern breakfast recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Salted caramel icing sounds so delicious! And those fried oreos kind of look delicious, even though I don't want them to! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the state fair! The CA state fair is in my town every year but I had to miss it this year because I was in Texas the ENTIRE time. And by entire, I mean 10 out of the 14 days. So eat something fried for me! I wonder what a fried oreo tastes like!

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...