Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Beauty Necessities

Fall is my favorite time of year, but with icky eczema and terribly dry skin, it's also a potentially painful time of year.  If I go even one day without moisturizing, I'm an ashy, itchy mess.  I've compiled a few of my favorite go-to beauty supplies that get me through the cooler months of the year.  I can't justify spending a ton of money on beauty products, so most of these can be found at your local drugstore.


1.  Nivea Essentially Enriched Lotion.  If this lotion didn't exist, I'd be walking around all dried up like a mummy.  I love to put this on at night right after hopping out of the shower.  It really locks in the moisture but it isn't filmy.  Josh gives this lotion two thumbs up because it doesn't make my skin greasy, just soft.  At just $4.95, it's a bargain!

2.  Nivea Creme.  I'm addicted to working this thick creme onto my knuckles and elbows.  This creme is super concentrated, so I like to use it just before settling into bed.  Unlike the Essentially Enriched lotion, this creme will leave you a bit greasy, but in a nice way.  It's a steal at just $0.87 and it's the perfect size for your nightstand or purse.

3.  Cetaphil Cleanser.  My dermatologist once called this the single most useful cleanser he's ever recommended.  I'm fairly certain that Cetaphil can be used to do everything except fix a flat tire.  You can use it as a super-duper moisturizer, you can use as shaving cream, or you can just use it to wash your face.  It can be a teensy bit expensive at $10 a bottle, however, it will last for months.

4.  Smith's Rosebud Salve.  I've discussed this product before.  I'm obsessed.  I keep it next to my bed and smear it all over my lips every night.  It.  Is.  Amazing.  It's a bit difficult to find at the drugstore, but it does have a nice drugstore price:  $6.

5.  Ralph Lauren's Notorious.  So, this isn't a drugstore product at all unless you pick up your prescriptions at Sephora.  I love this perfume for the cooler months because the scent is a bit mysterious and has a hint of spicy chocolate.  It's warm and inviting even when the weather isn't.  It's a bit pricy at $65, but it's well worth it.

6.  Mary Kay's Luminous-Wear Liquid Foundation.  Again, this is not a drugstore product, but I don't mind the $20 price tag because this tiny tube lasts a long time.  I like this product because it leaves a dewy finish and it doesn't have a strong smell like a lot of foundations out there.

7.  Dove Dry Shampoo.  I have super static during the winter, but my hair is so thin that I have to wash it everyday.  Enter Dove Dry Shampoo.  Thanks to this product, I can go several days without washing my hair and I no longer have to look like a homeless person.  I just section my hair off with clips, blast my roots, and rub it all in with the palms of my hands.  Bonus:  if you need a little volume, this stuff is perfection.  Drugstore price:  $3.95.

What about you?  Do you have special products just for Fall and Winter?  Is there anything you'd add to this list?  Happy Thursday!

XOXO,

Court

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...