Sunday, October 7, 2012

25 Reasons: Happy Birthday, Josh

Josh turns 25 on Monday.  It's crazy to think that we've been together since he was 20!  To commemorate this milestone and celebrate the fact that he can finally rent a car, here are 25 reasons why I love my husband.

1.  He has really adorable crinkles around his eyes.  I can only expect those to increase as time goes by, and that's totally cool with me.

2.  He's an excellent model of compassion.  I tend to be a bit selfish and brash.  He challenges me to choose compassion.

3.  He smells really nice.

4.  He is the most random mix of man I've ever met.  We became friends during his stint in The Sound of Music, but he's also a man's man and incredibly athletic.

5.  He makes me coffee every morning.

6.  He's genuinely kind to every person he meets.  Even when a person is obnoxious, annoying, or just plain unbearable, he never hesitates to shake their hand and greet them with a smile.

7.  He walks on the outside of the sidewalk.

8.  He's amazing with kids.

9.  He keeps my car in running order.

10.  He understands every single Star Wars reference.  Ever.

11.  Last week, he surprised me by cooking dinner every night.  It was wonderful to have the week off!

12.  He took some of his birthday money to buy a prize for me.

13.  I once watched him hand a whole box of granola bars to an elderly man who was digging through a trash can for food.  I honestly thought my heart was going to burst.

14.  Tithing is his first priority each month.

15.  He's taken the time to teach me about money.  He never uses a budget without receiving my input first.

16.  He makes me want to be less selfish and more selfless.

17.  I've never seen him pass by a veteran without shaking his hand and thanking him for his service.

18.  He holds my hand tightly in parking lots because he doesn't want anyone to snatch me up or run me over.  His words, not mine.

19.  He graciously puts up with my politics.  It takes a special person to deal with my ranting, raving, midnight excursions, and general right-wing conspiracies and such.  I suppose it's a bit like being married to Ann Coulter, but I'm neither leggy nor blonde.

20.  He's generous with his time and in his charitable contributions.

21.  He's an excellent spiritual leader.

22.  When we shower, he always sings the harmony so I can have the melody.  P.S.  We sound just like Johnny and June when the water's running.

23.  He totally gets the whole Disney thing.  I'm so thankful I'm not one of those crazies that has to drag her husband to Disney World.  He loves it too.

24.  I've had girlfriends compare his general attitude to that of Captain Han Solo, the man who made the kessel run in less than twelve parsecs.  Y'all, that is totally cool with me.

25.  He loves me for me.  He's never tried to change me.

Happy birthday, baby.  I love you!



XOXO,

Court

2 comments:

  1. That tribute was absolutely wonderful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Courtney - and Josh, I am so proud of the man that you have obviously grown up to be. That little boy we used to know is most impressive. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest! You two are the cutest couple! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...