Friday, September 28, 2012

High Five For Friday


Today I want to stand on a mountaintop and thank the good Lord, Santa Claus, and my fairy godmother that it’s Friday.  I love my job and I live for my students, but weekends at home with Josh and the kitties and piles of blankets and cups of hot tea and an insane amount of books…that’s real.  When you work in education, you still have that childlike mentality.  Remember when it was all about the holidays, weekends, and summer?  It’s still that way at our house.  Weeknights are school nights, so we look forward to our Fridays and Saturdays.

I’m linking up with Lauren at her blog, From My GreyDesk.  It’s High Five for Friday, and I’m oh so thankful.

1.  Mumford & Sons new album, Babel, is just gorgeous.  As a musician, I have such respect for this band.  The insane rhythms that most of the songs feature makes my fingers ache.  Once again, I learned the hard way that those swarthy Brits use lots of swears.  Thankfully, my students were oblivious {as I blared it during small group time}.  This album is stunning.  It makes me want to ride a unicorn and braid my hair.  Amen.


2.  We got our flu shots this week.  Ouch.  I hate shots, but we’re gearing up for our next trip to Disney World and a flu shot is a must.  Mouth breathers are everywhere, y’all, and picking up a nasty bug while vacationing at the happiest place on Earth is not on my list of things to do.


3.  Date night tonight.  PTL.  We’re thinking Athens…does anybody have any good suggestions?  Josh is feeling sushi, but I’m in desperate need for cheese…just lots and lots of cheese.  And carbs.  That’d be great too.
All for me!
4.  I picked out my Christmas cards yesterday because we’re only 34 days away from the Christmas season.  For those of you who are unaware, Christmas at the Callicutt home begins the day after Halloween.  I am unapologetic.  Christmas, like Mumford & Sons, the Muppets, and Don Draper, makes me want to ride a unicorn.

Our future home.
5.     Josh pulled our fall clothing out of storage this week.  I embraced my sweaters, tights, and scarves like old friends.  Everything is a bit musty with that century-old-basement smell, but it isn’t anything a little homemade detergent can’t fix. 

How are you celebrating your weekend?  Do you have going out plans, or stay-at-home plans?  This weekend we’re 50-50.  Regardless of your plans, happy weekend y’all!  Join us tomorrow for a giveaway surprise! 


4 comments:

  1. i can't stop listening to the cd...i love it! :)

    happy friday!

    xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Must get Babel.
    Also, I'm jealous that you get to say y'all. I'm from Jersey and although I lived in NC for a year, I have a strict rule that if you didn't grow up saying y'all, you shouldn't use it as an adult. <- I'm so ridiculous.

    Have a happy weekend :)

    Catalina
    City and Burbs is giving away an Old Navy Military Vest! You still have time to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you guys make the Christmas season last! Maybe I should start doing that in my house! Hope you had a wonderful date night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait to hear their new cd!

    Have a great week!

    nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...