Friday, August 3, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Pudding

My husband has a hankering for chocolate that is astounding.  It's never a surprise to see him with a handful of chocolate chips after a meal {or before bedtime}.  I'm not a super choco-phile, but I do enjoy a sweet treat every once in a while. 

Last night, Josh was craving chocolate pudding.  I checked our pantry {which is dreadfully understocked thanks to back-to-back vacations} and came up short.  So, I decided to make my own chocolate pudding. 

I looked over several recipes before I got started.  I took elements from each recipe I researched before kind of making up something unique.  It was incredibly simple and the taste is just...so good.  It's definitely richer than boxed pudding and I feel better about eating it because I know exactly what goes into it. 

You'll need:
  • 1/2 a cup of sugar
  • 1/3 a cup of unsweetened coco powder
  • 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
  • 2 cups of skim milk {use whatever you have...we're skim milk people}
You'll also need:
  • A microwave safe bowl
  • A whisk 
 Begin by combining your sugar, coco powder, and cornstarch.  I mixed everything in a microwave safe bowl with my whisk.  Once all three ingredients are combined, slowly whisk in the milk.  Continue mixing until your pudding base looks smooth. 

Place the microwave safe bowl of pudding into the microwave and cook on HIGH for three minutes.  Remove, whisk, and repeat, this time for one minute.  Continue the microwave, whisk, microwave, whisk process in one minute increments until the pudding begins to thicken.  Once it has the consistency you desire, it's ready!

Josh and I couldn't wait, so we dug right into our pudding.  It was delicious warm, but it's also quite decadent when served cold.  It's especially tasty with graham cracker crumbles and toasted marshmallows! 

The next time you have a hankering for something sweet, why not make your own chocolate pudding?  When you compare the ingredients of this:

Via
And this:

The healthier, tastier choice is clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...