Thursday, February 9, 2012

Spicy Thai Noodles

Can we just talk about my Peking addiction?  It's pretty bad, y'all.  Sadly, our local Peking is moving to a new location and I've been without my lo mein, crab ragoons, and egg drop soup for weeks.  The point is, I LOVE takeout food.  This dry spell is rough, you guys.  So I decided to bring takeout to my own kitchen. 

Cue:  Spicy Thai Noodles

This recipe is super simple.  The only cooking involved is boiling noodles.  All the veggies are raw and a lot of the stuff you will probably have on hand.

You will need:
  • Whole wheat spaghetti
  • Matchstick carrots
  • Cabbage
  • Green onions 
  • Cilantro
  • Red, green, and yellow bell peppers
  • Roasted peanuts {unsalted}
Sauce:
  • Creamy peanut butter
  • Sesame oil
  • Soy sauce
  • Vinegar
  • Sweet chile sauce {check the Asian section at your grocer's}
  • Brown sugar
  • Salt & Pepper

 First, mix together your sauce ingredients {and toss your whole wheat spaghetti noodles in a boiling pot of water for 8 to 12 minutes} :

 Here's how:
  • 1/4 tbsp. of sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp. sweet chile oil
  • 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1/4 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp. vinegar
  • 1 clove of minced garlic
  • Pinch of salt and pepper
Whisk together, incorporating the peanut butter well.
 I have my own personal muscle to incorporate peanut butter :)
 And before we move on, check out this tip I found on Pinterest...save the whites of green onions like this and leave in a sunny spot.  I'll never have to buy green onions again!
 So, chop up your vegetation {green onions, cilantro, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and green bell pepper}.  As you can see, I did NOT use any whole veggies...these were all the leftovers in my refrigerator. 
 Toss all chopped vegetation with approximately 1/4 cup of matchstick carrots.  Mix well with the sauce. 
 Then shred up 1/4 a head of cabbage.
 And toss that too.
 Then dump in the whole wheat pasta. 
 And toss well.
 And top with those roasted peanuts. 


And that's literally it.  No frying, no cooking, no roasting, no baking.  Loads of raw veggies and a delicious dressing make this salad delicious when it's served warm or cold.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this info for my mission.
    Source Global Bold Pole Hold Backs, Set of 2, Pewter

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...