Sunday, February 5, 2012

If I Cared About the Superbowl, I Would Totally Eat...

So I woke up at 4:45 a.m. with a dreadful runny nose and the worst sore throat I've had in a long time.  Last year {my first year of teaching} I was sick at least once a month.  This year, I haven't taken a sick day yet.  I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to not feel well.

We were supposed to go to a Superbowl party tonight.  Instead, we're staying home as I'm fairly certain I have the Plague.  Aches, chills, sore throat, runny nose, and a terrible headache...sounds like a sinus infection to me.  I'm a total hypochondriac though, so I'm going to say I have the Plague.

As everybody knows, the best part about Superbowl Sunday has to be the snack food.  I live for appetizers.  In fact, I was this close to forcing myself into a pair of skinny jeans and boots so I could nosh at Arch and Grethe's house, but I'd hate to spread my germy germs around.  Instead, we're going to watch the 'Bowl at home and eat a frozen pizza.  Well...Josh is going to eat a frozen pizza.  I'm going to suck down a Soup at Hand and some NyQuil.  

If I could swallow, here are a few things I'd being enjoying on this very warm and sunny Superbowl Sunday:

Crock Pot boiled peanuts.  Combine 2 pounds of raw peanuts, 1 cup of salt, and 12 cups of water into your slow cooker.  Then, cook on HIGH for 18 hours.
Crispy chickpeas.  Combine 3 cups of garbanzo beans, a tbsp. of olive oil, and some sea salt and paprika.  Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes, shaking the pan every ten minutes.
Caramelized Onion dip.  Caramelize a medium onion and one clove of garlic in olive oil.  Then, toss that into your mixer with 1 cup of sour cream, 4 oz. of goat cheese, and some green onion.  Pulse ten times and enjoy.
Mississippi Sin Dip.  Holy Cow.  Mix together 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 package of softened cream cheese, 1.5 cups of sour cream, 1/2 cup of cooked ham, 1/3 cup of green chiles, 1/3 cup of green onions, and 1/8 tsp, Worcestershire.  Set aside.  then hollow out a round French loaf.  Pour mixture into the French loaf and bake at 350 for 1 hours {wrapped in foil}.
Sloppy Joe sliders {using the Pioneer Woman recipe}
What about you?  What will you be making this Superbowl Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...