Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekly Phone Dump and Random Thoughts

  • There's a baby living next door.
  • Speaking of babies, I cried like one when I saw Jordan in a hospital gown.  I think it just freaked me out a little.
  • My cats have been insane this week.  I think it's because I went back to work and they miss me.  
  • I've been obsessed with The Avett Brothers for eons, but this week the lyrics from Head Full of Doubt, Road Full of Promise have been playing over and over again in my head. 
  • Somebody did the math on my laundry detergent...I just made 198 loads of detergent for $10.  Take that, Proctor and Gamble!
  • Josh lost seven pounds this week.
  • I lost none.
  • Once an event we looked forward to, our Splurge Night is becoming my least favorite night of the week.  Our poor bodies are all, "Fruits!  Veggies!  No chemicals!  Lean protein!  Water, water, water!"  Then, we scarf down a Big Mac and our bodies are all, "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME?!?"  Josh and I both agreed to take it a little easier on our next splurge.  I think once the body becomes accustomed to all-natural/raw foods, cramming it full of preservatives and red meat is a little mean.
  • THE GOLDEN GLOBES ARE TONIGHT.
  • Downton Abbey season two was amazing.  I'm #TeamBates all the way {and I'm incredibly anti-Edith...does anybody else feel this way?}.  
  • Speaking of #TeamBates, I love how Anna is all, "I love you, Mr. Beeeeeeeeettttttes."  
  • Game of Thrones starts on April 1st.  Coincidentally, so does my spring break!
  • We watch entirely too much television.
On a side note, something really awesome or really crappy is about to happen.  I can't divulge exactly what, but I've been walking on eggshells all week.  And no, we aren't having a baby...not even close.  Anyways...about this thing...I've been all, "OMG our life is so awful!" and Josh was finally like, "Would you quit freaking out?!?"  My husband, His Royal Braininess, then gently reminded me that God is in control.  In the words of Bren McGuff c/o Allison Janney, "Somebody is going to find a precious blessing from Jesus in this garbage dump of a situation." 

I think in this case, that somebody is going to be me.  Regardless of whether that really amazing, awesome, super cool thing happens or that terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad thing happens, it's all part of God's plan.  If the amazing thing happens--great!  If not, God has something else in mind.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...God answers prayer in three ways:
  • Yes.
  • Not yet.
  • You have no idea what I have planned for you.
Cheers to waiting graciously and patiently!

And if you wouldn't mind...say a little prayer for us this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...