Sunday, December 18, 2011

Miss Temple's and Skip Church's

After all of these years, we're still obsessed with Arrested Development.  It's smart, it's witty, and it's pretty darn funny.  

I think I just blue myself.
The characters eat at two hilariously named restaurants on Sundays:  Miss Temple's and Skip Church's.  How hilarious is that?  If you've never seen this show, stop what you're doing and queue up your Netflix.  It's worth it.

Anyways, I digress...unlike the Bluth family, we don't like skipping church.  We enjoy the community, the hymns, the hugs, and the teaching each week.  We love growing as a couple in our relationship{s} with Christ {and grabbing some chicken yakisoba on our way home}.  

But today...as Josh's stuffy, snotty nose shakes the house with thunderous snores, I think we're going to sit this one out.  Yesterday, he rallied.  Yesterday, he sat through Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows just to see The Dark Knight Rises trailer.  Last night, he was a sweet, sweet husband and took pictures of my best friend and I making pizzas.  And when Jordan and Chase left--he crashed--hard.



This was the best pizza sauce ever.  It had a sweetness that didn't overpower the acidity of the tomatoes.   Plus, it's all-natural!
I love catching him in his favorite spot.
My sweet hubby {hyped up on Dayquill} assumed his manly duties and sliced the pizza.
So delish!
Normally Josh would be up by now, making coffee in the French press and downing a bowl of Cheerios.  Normally we'd be settled on the couch by now, watching SNL {because we're too old to stay up late enough to watch it on Saturday}.  Normally Josh would be shoving me into the shower by now saying, "Hurry!  Hurry!  You're going to make us late again!"  What can I say?  The man knows me all too well.  I've never been on time to church a day in my life.

But he's snotty and coughy and achy and running a bit of a temperature.  So I think I'm going to make like Martha Stewart and whip up some homemade chicken noodle soup.  There's nothing sadder than a big, strong man that gets knocked on his keister by some wee little germs.  

In other news, I finally got around to decorating my little old farmhouse for Christmas.  Because Perseus and Achilles {No. 1 and No. 2 respectively} think that the Christmas tree is their own personal playground, I made some paper ornaments and kept our pretty {shiny & enticing} breakable ones safe in the closet.  I kind of like the simplicity of the numbers, book pages, and burlap.

I love that tiny bit of chevron striped goodness peeking out from behind the marshmallows {for hot chocolate, of course!}
It was my original intention to have awesome burlap stockings.  Maybe next year.  For now, our little polyester Walmart stockings will work just fine.
I wish it could be acceptable to keep Christmas trees up all year round.  Wouldn't it be nice to have that wonderful golden glow all year?
Cat-proof ornaments.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...