Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday


I've mentioned in a past entry that we're living on the family farm.  Like, with cows.  What I didn't mention is that there's a second house on the property directly adjacent to ours.  My family has always called it The Little House.  It's where my Grandma, Pop, Dad, and Aunt Daphne lived in the 1960's.  It's also where my best friend Jordan lives now.

High school graduation, 2006.  I was partially blonde.
I've known Jordan since the first day of sixth grade.  During our public school years, we had nearly every academic and elective class together.  Then, we enrolled at the same private college.  And {once again}, we had nearly every academic and elective class together.  In hindsight, it's obvious that God wanted us to be super close.

Sadie Hawkins Bonfire, 2006

Jordan and I literally did everything together in college.  We even tried living together for a while, but I think Josh is the only person who can actually handle living with me without going crazy.  I'm a little too scattered and messy for most folks.  Even though the roommate thing didn't work out like we planned, we still did {like I said} everything together.


And then, something amazing happened.  We both got engaged.  And we got married.  


And before we knew it, our hubbies were embroiled in a bromance.  It happened so fast it almost slapped us both in our pretty little faces.  

Sadie Hawkins Bonfire
We look like the Little Couple next to Chase & Jordan!
Then, something even more amazing than engagement rings, weddings, and bromances happened.  Jordan and Chase moved in next door to us.

You know when you're a little girl and you imagine how your future will be?  Like, you marry Prince Charming, have your dream job, and live right next door to your BFF?  That is my life right now!

This is us last year, buying furniture for our new-old homes...that happen to be side-by-side.
Josh and I are so incredibly thankful to be next-door-neighbors with Chase and Jordan.  Chase has a twin brother and he always jokes that it's like having a built-in best friend.  We feel the same way about living next door to them.  Annnnnddd...in exactly 67 days we'll have something else to be thankful for...



Miss Abigail Eden Procuro will be making her grand debut in ten weeks!

I'm not stupid...I know that this utopian neighborhood of sorts won't last forever.  So I'm determined to soak it up while it lasts.

So...what are y'all thankful for this Thursday?








No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...