Monday, November 14, 2011

Movie Monday: Kung Pow-Enter the Fist


So, Jordan and Chase came over tonight.  We're lucky that we get to do that with them several times a week.  Court made chocolate chili (who'da thunk it?) and baked potatoes and we settled in for one of my favorite cult classics:  Kung Pow.

I was surprised to find out that Jordan, and subsequently Baby Abby, loves Kung Pow just as much as I do.  Here are a few reasons that this movie is hilarious:

1.  That scene where that guy gets beat repeatedly with sticks.  Classic.


2.  They continually make this wee-ooo wee-ooo noise:


3.  The Chosen One battles a cow:


4.  This movie actually splices scenes from a movie from the 1970's (called Tiger and Crane Fist) in with modern day footage of Steve Oedekerk.  And it's dubbed over.  


5.  "And then he killed the dog.":


If you need a kung pow laugh that doesn't involve Chris Tucker or Jackie Chan, check out Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.  It's on Netflix Instant Queue (which proves that it's high quality).  

In other news, my wife brought one of these home today:


Like the ogre I am, I'd never seen or tasted a pomegranate before.  I'm now addicted.  I guess if I have to be addicted to something, a fruit that's high in antioxidants is a good road to go down.  

What about you guys?  Have you kung-powed?  Do you like pomegranates?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...