Monday, November 7, 2011

Cowboy Casserole {Oklahoma Hello!}

I'm not sure why I added the tagline {Oklahoma Hello!} to the title.  Probably because when I think of cowboys, I think of that scene in Oklahoma where Peddler Ali Hakam is kissing all up on Ado Annie, telling her that he's giving her a Persian Goodbye.  {For the record, I've been married for over a year and that is no goodbye}  Then, Cowboy Will Parker {swoon}comes in and is all, "Persian Goodbye?  I'm gonna show you an Oklahoma Hello!"  Then, he lays a big one on her.  {For the record, I've been married for over a year and that is definitely how you say hello}

So, I pinned a recipe called Cowboy Casserole on my Pinterest board {Yummy}.  I've been waiting for the weather to finally get cool enough to make it.  Let me tell you guys...it looks like throw up, but I swear, I'd serve it to the Queen {should HRH ever show up on my stoop}.  I originally found this recipe at this blog. 

Ingredients:


  • 1 pound of ground beef {I used 80/20}
  • 3 cloves of garlic {chopped}
  • 1 can of whole kernel corn {drained}
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup {I just used the store brand}
  • 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese {shredded}
  • 1/2 a cup of skim milk
  • 4 tablespoons of sour cream {I used fat free}
  • 1 bag of frozen tater tots {I used the little Crispy Crowns just like she did}

I left my Crispy Crowns out on the counter while I washed yesterday's dishes.  Then, I browned my hamburger meat.


And I gathered all of my ingredients.


Then, I sprayed the bottom of my dish with Pam and lined up my little Crispy Crowns.  I used about half of the bag.


Then, I gave my garlic a rough chop and tossed that in with the beef.


With the meat still working, I stirred together the soup, milk, and sour cream.


Then, I dumped in the beef....


And then the corn...


And one cup of the sharp cheddar cheese...


Then, I poured that over my Crispy Crowns and smoothed it flat.


I had just enough tots to completely cover the top of my casserole.


Then, I added the other cup of sharp cheddar cheese.



My oven is a little testy, so I popped it in for 20 minutes at 350 and wasn't really happy with the toasty-ness of the cheese.  So I baked it for 6 more minutes.  When it was finished, it looked like this:




Real talk, you guys.  This food just changed my life.  THIS IS REAL LIFE, PEOPLE.  Oh Mylanta, I've never tasted something so wonderfully delicious in my life.  YOU.  MUST.  TRY.  THIS.  RECIPE.

Sound off below and leave us some love!



1 comment:

  1. That looks divine. I just popped the recipe into the Weight Watchers recipe builder and it came out at a disappointing 10 pts per serving (about 8 servings in that pan?). I tweaked it a bit and got it down to 6. Definitely trying that. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...