Monday, October 10, 2011

Movie Monday: Batman Returns


Welcome to our latest segment:  Movie Monday.  Each Monday, we will highlight a new movie from our collection that we love.  Tonight's choice?  Batman Returns.


I turned 24 on Saturday (Josh speaking) and my MIL gifted me with the original Batman anthology on BluRay.  I'm a pretty easy guy to buy for.  Just give me some graphic novels, comic books, and Batman crap and I'm content.

I grew up watching the original Batman movies.  My favorite is just plain, old Batman.  So why did I choose Batman Returns for our first Movie Monday?  It's the one I watched the least growing up and now I have a new appreciation for it.  Plus...Michelle Pfeiffer.

Reasons why this movie rocks:

1.  This is the first Batman film to have two major villains.

2.  It's the only sequel to have the same character playing Batman prior to Christian Bale.

3.  Two words:  Sonic Bat-o-Rang

4.  It references the first movie.  That's nice.

5.  Michelle Pfeiffer was vacuum-sealed into her cat suit everyday.  Enough said.

In addition, this movie inspired one of the greatest cartoon series EVER:  Batman, the Animated Series.  And if you're wondering, yes, I own it.  




Sure, there are holes in the Batman Returns plot, bad animation, and those weird Burton-esque quirks that everybody notices but nobody brings up.  But this movie still does justice to the man behind the mask.  And that's all that matters to me.

Join us on Wednesday for What We Ate Wednesday, on Thursday for Thankful Thursday, and on Friday for a look at our trip to the North Carolina State Fair.  Thanks for reading and may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...