Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why Wait to be Thankful?

People, we are only THREE days from my most favorite season: Fall! I love the colors, I love the smells, and I especially love the weather. Everything about the autumnal season makes me feel warm and cozy and content.

Today as I enjoyed the fall produce at the grocery store (PUMPKINS), I began thinking of my favorite holiday: Thanksgiving. It has all the perks of Christmas without being super commercialized. And then it hit me, right in the middle of Bi-Lo. I'm an ungrateful hack.

Really...think about it! When was the last time you verbally said, "I'm thankful for..." Probably last Thanksgiving, right?

I have a friend that messaged me recently on Facebook and at the end of her message she said, "I'm thankful for you!" It made me feel awesome!

So I'm going to challenge myself to be more thankful. Gratefulness shouldn't be saved for one day a year! Spread the love, readers!

So, henceforth (I've always wanted to use that word), each Thursday will be called Thankful Thursday. Each week Josh and I will blog about things we're thankful for. Check back on Thursday for our first entry!
In other news, Josh and I are praying about some MAJOR decisions and future plans. We've discovered that faith-based decision making can take some time and we're willing to be patient. We don't really want to discuss them here on our blog yet, but prayers from you readers would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...