Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Oh, Thankful Thursday.  I found myself looking forward to you all week.  Maybe it's because it's been a tough week?  I'm not sure, but either way...I'm glad we're together again!

Today, we are thankful for this:


Josh took this photo while we were engaged.  I know it's nothing to shake a stick at, but it was home to these people:
Lauren, Baby Grayson, Grandmother Shealy, me (rocking the bangs), Grandaddy Shealy, and Baby Elisabeth.

My great-grandparents.  What amazing people!  At my Grandmother's funeral, the preacher looked out over all THIRTY of us great-grandchildren and smiled, proclaiming that, "The Shealy family is certainly a prolific one."  She was two weeks away from turning 104 when she passed away.

Our house was also once home to this lady:

My Grandma Emily.  Good grief, she could be the subject of hundreds of blogs.  I'll keep it short and sweet...this lady is an amazing role model and prayer warrior.  If my Grandma is praying for you, I hope you're ready for some mighty changes and healing!  She can remember when our house was brand-spanking new.  She and my Pop even took their engagement pictures on the front porch:


Josh and I are so very thankful for our home.  The Shealy Farmhouse has been around since 1936 and people called my Grandaddy crazy for building a brick house during the Depression...and here it still stands! Our home was the first in Franklin Springs to have indoor plumbing.  Fancy, right?

Our home turns 75 this year.  I can only imagine the things our walls have seen!  Josh and I feel so blessed and honored to call this piece of my family history home.  Here's to another 75 years!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a neat thing! I love all those Shealy people!! You certainly do have an incredible family!

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...