Monday, September 12, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes


It's been quite a while since I have posted a recipe! I got this recipe for the most delicious pumpkin cupcakes from Emily over at Jones Design Company. If you've never checked out her blog, STOP what you are doing and click on over. I'll be patient :)

Emily got her pumpkin cupcake recipe from Real Simple, and as the magazine suggests, this recipe is super easy.

What you'll need:
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix (I used Duncan-Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Golden Cake Mix, because...hey...it's fall, y'all!)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 15 oz can of pumpkin pie puree (I could only find the giant cans, so I just used half)
Instead of adding in the water that the boxed cake recipe calls for, throw in the 15 ounces of pumpkin pie puree instead. Your batter is going to look pretty lumpy. I learned that this is okay. Bake following the directions on the box. While your cupcakes fill your home with yummy fall scents, make your icing.

What you'll need:
  • 2 blocks of cream cheese
  • 2 cups of powdered sugar
  • Pinch of cinnamon (this was my own, personal touch)
  • Candy Corn (you'll only use 24 so you'll be able to gorge yourself while you wait!)
After the cupcakes have cooled, pipe your frosting on. I actually made these ahead of time and iced them at my MIL's house, so I was without my pastry bags. Never fear! A gallon-sized Ziploc bag with the corner cut off was more than sufficient for my needs! Simply pipe the icing on and top with the festive little candy corns. Voila! Fall in a cupcake liner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...