Monday, September 12, 2011

Blog Envy

I hate admitting this, but I'm a fizzler. I'll be super obsessed about something (usually a television show, actor, or musician) and then it will just...fizzle. In all honesty, the only things I haven't really fizzled out on are as follows:

  • Disney World
  • Crafts
  • Baking new and exciting cupcakes
  • My cats
  • My husband (I'll be honest...this is definitely more of a sizzle than a fizzle!)
  • Blogs
Let's focus on that last bullet point. I've really been struggling lately...with blog envy. Regardless of my random (and sometimes useless) Disney knowledge, I will never:
  • Have crafts or a home as beautiful as Emily's.
  • Be as calm and collected as The Nester.
  • I will never have sponsors like Meg.
  • And I will certainly never be as creative as Holly.
Last night I stayed up until nearly 2 a.m. looking at blogs. This is a big NO NO for a teacher with a first period class of eager learners. Not only was I two minutes late for work this morning (sorry, Mr. Randall...really, I am) but all day long I was down in the dumps. It was hard to focus on my kids and on top of all of that, I was charged with teaching them about the tragedies of 9/11. All in all, it was a really hard and depressing day.

Then I came home and found out that Josh wouldn't be home until well after 7:00. So what did I do? Hop on the Mac and check my RSS feed, of course. And it only made me feel crummier.

And then it hit me. And for once, instead of turning to Scripture, I turned to Dr. Seuss:

"Today you are YOU. You are truer than TRUE. There is no one alive who is youer than YOU!"

Obviously, the Lord can use Dr. Seuss to speak to our hearts. If you don't believe me, head to your local library.

When this quote smacked me upside the head, I realized that I'm not meant to be Emily or Meg or Holly...I'm meant to be Court...and I'm good at planning Disney trips. How awesome is it that the Lord has granted the human race such a wide variety of interesting and unique gifts?

I'm going to continue reading my favorite blogs, and I invite you to do the same.

What about you? Have you had an instance of envy that left you feeling convicted? Sound off below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...