Monday, June 6, 2011

Disney Top 100: #100

I'm totally patting myself on the back for coming up with a new project and actually following through. Woo-hoo! Look at me, blogging away. Thank the Good Lord that teachers get June, July, and August to recover from 160 days of slaving over lessons plans and paperwork. Teachers deserve a raise, I tell you!

Anyways, I digress. #100 on our Disney Top 100 is so indescribably delicious that I salivate at the mere mention of it. What could be so tasty? A Dole Whip, that's what! What? You've never had such a creation (gasp!)? Let me break it down for you.

A Dole Whip is basically two things: Dole Pineapple juice and soft serve ice cream. Now, I'm not a dessert person. Give me a hunk of cheese and a loaf of French bread and I'll laugh in a waiter's face when he brings around the dessert tray. But something about the acidity of the pineapple juice and the creaminess of the soft serve ice cream is magical. It's kind of like putting M&Ms in the bottom of your popcorn bowl and letting them get all salty before you eat them.



Dole Whips can be found at Aloha Isle snack counter on your right as you enter Adventureland. While you're slurping down your pineapply goodness, why not saunter over to The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse? Imagine yourself swinging through the trees with Ernst, Fritz, and Francis whilst downing the finest snack that $3.19 can buy you. And at Disney World, $3.19 is a bargain.

Dole Whips are available for purchase as a Snack Credit on your Disney Dining Plan (DDP). Usually Josh will stand and wait in the long Dole Whip line while I grab an veggie egg roll at the good old Egg Roll Wagon. I share half of my egg roll with him and then snatch the Dole Whip from his unsuspecting hands and polish it off before he can stop me. I married a saint.

Dole Whips come in two categories: soft serve and soft serve swirl. What's the difference? The soft serve is exactly what it sounds like, and the soft serve swirl is kind of like a Dole Whip float. We always go with the swirled version because it's a little bit bigger and allows you extra pineapple juice.

There you have it! My #100 on our Disney Top 100. The next time you find yourself dripping in sweat (or water...watch out for those Leaky Tikis), indulge in a little fruity snack that won't break the bank.

**Side note: Dole Whips are also available in other flavors like chocolate and orange. Blasphemous. Stick with the original, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, Courtney, Courtney... "server," not "waiter." Tsk tsk, totally forgivable though. Fun fact, for the days you are not inside MK or you are simple joy riding around the monorail, Dole Whips may also be found at Captain Cooks, the QSR at the Polynesian!

    (A fact that is even more fun - Malibu (any coconut rum will do)+Dole Whips = sheer and utter bliss!!!)

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...