Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yummy in the tummy!



I recently made the BEST pork chops I've ever tasted in my life! Josh and I enjoyed them so much, I just felt like I had to share! I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure I got this one from Everyday Italian.

You will need:
-Pork chops (I always pick out the big, fat ones and have the butcher butterfly them)
-Balsamic vinegar
-Honey
-Salt and pepper
-Green onions
-One garlic clove

Before you begin prepping the meat, combine half a cup of honey and half a cup of balsamic vinegar in a small pot with three or four green onions (chopped) and the garlic clove (smashed). Bring the mixture to a boil and then immediately knock it down to a simmer. If the garlic cloves ends up looking a little blue (literally), don't worry! Balsamic vinegar can do funky things sometimes!

While your sauce is simmering away, liberally salt and pepper your pork chops before pan frying them. Recently, I replaced my old standby, extra virgin olive oil, with grape seed oil. I made the switch for health reasons, and we can't "taste" a difference. After your chops have an internal temperature of 160 degrees, pull those puppies off and smother them in the sticky sweet and sour sauce. I got a little fancy and chopped some extra green onions for garnish :)

I served my pork chops with roasted asparagus (covered in shallots, grape seed oil, and garlic) and roasted red potatoes. Super simple and super yummy!

On a side note that has nothing to do with food, we have a new family member...Perseus the cat! He's super fuzzy and adorable and we absolutely love him! Happy eating!

Picture caption: Perseus doing his favorite thing...waiting for the heat to cycle on :)

1 comment:

  1. I need your help with how to cook ...seriously! No one ever taught me!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...