Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wedding Survey

I've succumbed to the pressures of completing a wedding survey. I suppose since we have officially passed the six-month mark, it is acceptable!

1) Did you have a traditional proposal?
I suppose so. I was dressed in sweat pants and REFUSED to change. Hilary even offered to pay for my dinner if I'd just change clothes! Josh proposed in the tabernacle at Poplar Springs Methodist Campground. We went home and had a small engagement party with our close friends and family. I eventually changed into a more suitable outfit :)

2) When was your wedding day?
June 5, 2010

3) What day of the week was it?
Saturday

4) Did you get married in a church?
We were married in an outdoor tabernacle. My great-grandfather used to preach there during camp meeting every summer, so it was meaningful. We loved the exposed beams, sawdust floors, and old church pews.

5) How many in your wedding party?
9 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen, one flower girl, one ring bearer, 9 attendants, and three pastors...whew!

6) How many guests were invited to your wedding?
We invited approximately 500 and I think we had 330-350 actually attend. My poor Dad!

7) How long did you wait to tie the knot after your proposal?
A little less than ten months.

8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer?
Stephanie Mathis Photography. Fabulous!

9) Did you have a DJ or a band?
We had a DJ who thought that Josh's name was John. Fortunately, he stuck with my Dad's contract (if ANY country music was heard, no paycheck!).

10) Did your father walk you down the aisle?
Yes he did...tear free!

11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests?
My ladies wore chocolate brown. The guys wore khaki suits with sage green ties.

12) Who was your flower girl? Ring bearer?
Our flower girl was Josh's cousin, Audrey. Our ring bearer was my PRECIOUS baby cousin (who is actually a very grown-up first grader) Joseph. I love them both :)

13) Did you have a Bridal Shower?
I think the final count was thirteen...and yes, I'm STILL writing thank-you notes!

14) What type of limo did you get?
We actually had an old A-model Ford. It actually decided NOT to crank after the wedding, so we just made pictures with it :)

15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party?
My girlfriends and I went to Cateechee for dinner and then back to Hilary's house for movies, cupcakes, and silent Pictionary. Josh and his boys celebrated for three days with lots of golf, grilled meat, and guns...

16) The night before your wedding, did you sleep?
Eventually. I finally had to crawl into bed with my parents to calm down. Then I went back to my childhood room and crawled into the bed with my cousin, Kellyn.

17) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear?
I had a very simple lace wedding gown. It had a minimal amount of beading (just around the empire waist) and a keyhole back. I felt like it really fit in with the venue. Josh wore a khaki suit, sage green tie, and his beloved old Toms.

18) Did you have a veil?
I wore a very simple, Cathedral length veil. It was very plain and I loved it!

19) How was the weather?
It was probably the hottest day I've ever experienced. We had rain that morning (which is supposedly good luck) and then sunshine for the rest of the day.

20) Where did you go on your Honeymoon?
Disney World!!!

21) What was the funniest moment from your wedding?
Everyone kept asking what type of narcotic I was on. I was completely calm and only had one "fit." And it barely counts, because only Gabe experienced it!

22) What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
Using my great-grandfather's Book of Marriage. It was the book my Grandaddy Shealy used to marry people back in the old days. They would show up on his front porch, and he would marry them in the front room of his home (which is now our living room!). It had lots of handwritten notes in it and is extremely special. My mom handed it to me after I walked down the aisle with Dad.

23) How long have you been married?
A little over six months! We are both blessed with great jobs, we have a beautiful family home, a sweet gerbil, and lots of love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...