Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh the weather outside is FRIGHTFUL!

Fortunately, our fireplace is SO delightful :)

It's our first Christmas in our new home and we've celebrated with new living room furniture, new Christmas decorations, and a new television. I suppose I could try to describe this television, but the only words I can think of are big, wide, and flat. Josh literally started his Black Friday at 8 p.m. with a lawn chair, Clive Cussler novel, and a lot of determination. He came home with his "grand prize" as well as consolation prizes in the form of ten new Blu-Rays! Santa Cyndee and David are gifting us with a new Blu-Ray player and surround sound system, so in just a few short weeks we'll be enjoying our media in a very crisp high-def format.

We are currently just a few short days away from our first Disney Christmas trip as a couple! We so enjoyed our honeymoon at WDW and can't wait to spend our first Christmas there together. All of our dining reservations are made, our packing lists are printed, and our new Disney luggage tags are ready to go! Expect lots of pictures and tweets about our experience :)

** Side note: Shingles...old people get them, really sick people get them, and apparently first-year teachers named Courtney Callicutt get them too. That's right, I have shingles. It's a lovely band of blisters that start at my rib cage and wrap around to my shoulder blade. Before contracting this lovely virus, I assumed I had a four day headache, a sinus infection, a pulled muscle, and a bad case of eczema...boy was I wrong! I also (incorrectly) assumed that shingles only affected the skin. Shingles actually begins in your nerve endings and is very, very painful. Thankfully, my doctor has given me lots of medication and Josh has been incredibly sweet through the entire ordeal. I know I'll be as good as new in no time at all!

**An additional side note: Audra and Drew are engaged! We are so excited for this beautiful couple and cannot wait to celebrate with them next June! Congratulations :)

I'd like to end with one of my favorite holiday treats: bacon wrapped cocktail wieners. Unbelievably healthy and unbelievably delicious, these little nuggets of pork are super simple and very tasty.

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, line a baking sheet (I used my Pampered Chef stoneware bar pan) with parchment paper

Ingredients: 2 packages of cocktail wieners, one pound of bacon, brown sugar (yup! Just three ingredients!) You will also need wooden toothpicks or several bamboo skewers.

Begin wrapping and cutting bacon around the individual cocktail wieners. I found that it was quite simple to wrap the bacon once around the cocktail wiener and cut it using my meat shears. Spear the wiener/bacon combo with a wooden toothpick (you could also spear several onto a bamboo skewer). Repeat until you have covered all cocktail wieners. Arrange on the bar pan (or cookie sheet) and cover liberally with brown sugar. Slide into the oven for approximately 30 minutes and you've got a simple party dish that your guests will go wild for!

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

Love,
Josh and Court

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...