Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Fall, Y'all!


Welcome to our new family blog! I (Courtney typing) started a wedding blog and misplaced all the log-in information. The easiest way to remedy this situation was to create a brand new blog: ta-dah! I herby solemnly swear that I will update this blog at LEAST once a month. I also swear that Josh will update this blog once a year...maybe.

These first four months of marriage have really been a whirlwind of activity. Sometimes it feels like we've been married for forever...other days, we're like, "Ah! We're married!" So far, we really love it. Our home at the Shealy Farmhouse is really coming together. We've settled on an eclectic feel by combining old pieces alongside more modern pieces. It's neat to see things like my Grandaddy Shealy's magazine rack alongside our funky shag rug! Any chance we get, we buy little pieces of art...photographs, paintings, local pottery...we really like the way it adds to the feel of our home.

My first year as a school teacher is going really well. My students are precious and they make me feel like I have the best job in the world! I was nervous about working in a high school, but I'm so thankful to be part of such an awesome professional learning community. Josh's first year as a college graduate is going very well. He loves working at the YMCA and I definitely enjoy hearing all of the funny stories about his students. He is also doing some free-lance work and recently worked on a commercial shoot for Pinnacle Bank. We're both so thankful to be working jobs that we love in such a difficult economic time.

That's all for now! Happy fall, y'all!


Picture caption: Jack Skellington and our C :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love feedback! Leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...